Exhibit Opportunities for EIPS Members
The Eastern Idaho Photographic Society is active in promoting the display of member images in a number of venues. In its over 25 years of existence the EIPS has had over 250 shows/presentations of photography to the public in Idaho Falls. We have presented over 3400 images shown to the public in these shows.
A primary display activity has occurred either in late October/November, or after the annual October show is judged. Pictures were open for public viewing for most of the months of October and November in the hallways of the main College of Eastern Idaho Administration Building, 1600 S 25th E, Building 3. We regret that this exhibit has not occurred in 2018-2020 because we did not have sufficient resources.October Show or Exposition
Other opportunities to exhibit our photos have included:
- The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho, 300 S Capital Ave. [special EIPS exhibit in the Studio Gallery, May 28-July 13, 2019, and the annual "Collective" exhibit which usually occurs during November-January];
- The emergency room hallway of the Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, 3100 Channing Way (a permanent exhibit);
- The College of Eastern Idaho Library, Alexander Creek Building (Building 5), Room 551, 1600 S 25th E;
- The Eastern Idaho Visitor Center at 355 River Parkway, Idaho Falls; and
- The Idaho Falls Public Library, 457 W Broadway St. (part of a monthly "Gallery Walk" sponsored by the Idaho Falls Art Council).
Venues for photo display not directly tied to the EIPS include contests at the Eastern Idaho State Fair, the Idaho Falls Magazine, and Pocatello's Portneuf Valley Photographic Society. Club members exhibit in these outlets, too.